Amazing bike-wheel LED art at Tokyo Make Meeting
By Rick Martin
May 26, 2010
We've covered some creative bicycle wheel LEDs on Gizmag recently, so when we discovered the amazing Anipov project on display from Suns & Moon Laboratory (SML) at Tokyo Make Meeting this past weekend, we couldn't help but take a closer look.
SML has outfitted bicycle wheels with a system of LEDs that can actually output a digital picture (it will accept bitmap files) by using the special Anipov software. Masaaki Ikegame gave a quick demo showing an assortment of images and animations, including one of the iconic Hatsune Miku.
Powered by batteries the Anipov LED system is not fully waterproof, although a transparent wheel cover is one possible work-around for those eager to take their bicycle light show out on wet reflective streets.
Suns & Moon Laboratory were selling a number of kits at Make for JPY15000 (or about US$165). For those who missed out, you can still order a few different variants of the LED system via the IKEL online shop (Japanese).
For a quick demo of how the Anipov LED system looks in action, check out the the demo that they gave us in the video below.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide