3D-printed fetuses show what to expect when you're expecting
By Nick Lavars
January 20, 2014
While some expectant parents are steadfast in their desire to conceal the sex until they see their newborn with their own eyes, others just can't wait. We'll hazard a guess that by offering 3D-printed figurines modeled on an ultrasound, 3D Babies is targeting the latter group.
The company uses 3D/4D ultrasounds and computer graphics to create an artistic representation of the fetus which is then 3D printed as figurines in one of three sizes: an eight-inch Lifesize 3D Baby, a four-inch Halfsize 3D Baby, and a two-inch Mini 3D Baby.
Once the size is settled, customers can select from light, medium or dark skin colors and then a body position based on whether or not they would like the genitals to be visible.
If something about holding a 3D-printed version of a 23 week old fetus in your hands just doesn't sit right, the company also offers models based on photos of your baby once it is born.
The figurines can be purchased directly through the company's website, ranging from US$200 for the Mini 3D Baby, up to $600 for the Life Size 3D Baby. Those looking for a cheaper option might consider a model of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's baby North West, priced at $250.
Source: 3D BabiesShare
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide